Guide to Sterling Heights Entertainment and Attractions
Why Not Head Out to Sterling Heights? Sterling Heights, located in Metro Detroit, is one of the state’s largest suburban areas. It is also known to be one of the safest cities in Metro-Detroit with many fun places to visit and activities to enjoy. Sterling Heights is home to many great restaurants, shopping areas, and the newly reopened Freedom Hill Amphitheatre.
- Andiamo Sterling Heights: Andiamo Ristoranteis a popular chain of authentic and locally owned Italian country restaurants. The walls of the restaurant are painted with beautiful flowers and country farmlands. Many rustic and natural colors make this dining area very relaxing. To add, every location has a top notch restaurant manager and head chef; this allows every location to offer something different during every visit. Their menu always includes many classic favorites, as well as current chef specialties. Andiamo also offers a very extensive wine menu, allowing ample choices for all types of wine enthusiasts.
- Shogun Japanese Steakhouse: Interested in trying a new and exciting dining environment? Shogun may just be the place for you! Shogun restaurants use a traditional Japanese style of dining called “teppanyaki.” Teppanyaki translates to “iron plate grilled.” Many people from all around the area enjoy Shogun because of its change of pace from ordinary dining. Instead of having separated kitchen and dining areas, guests sit directly in front of the teppanyaki chef and a grill called a hibachi. The guests choose their meal, and get to enjoy watching their food being grilled to perfection. These chefs are highly trained and will even put on some flair to entertain the guests during their dining experience.
- Rogers Roost: Not in the mood to dress up for a classy restaurant, but still want great food? That’s no problem in Sterling Heights, Rogers Roost has been the go-to dining option for more than 40 years. The restaurant features old fashioned memorabilia which inspires conversation and a fun atmosphere. Rogers Roost has been known for their delicious handmade pizzas and impressive selection of draught beers!
- Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill: Freedom Hill was once an extremely popular venue for all sorts of concerts and performances. After four long years of being closed to the public, Freedom Hillis now open and ready to entertain once again. The amphitheater already has many acts scheduled, such as the (now sold out) Lady Antebellum concert, Harley-Davidson Harley Fest, the always popular Beatlemania cover band and the Stars and Stripes Festival. Usually, held in downtown Mount Clemens, the Stars and Stripes Festival is moving to Freedom Hill this year to expand their audience seating and vendor areas. Freedom Hill offers many hours of entertainment for people of all ages. The Sterling Heights community will surely be happy of its long awaited return.
- Lakeside Mall: Lakeside Mall has been a very popular mall to shop at since its opening in 1976. It’s still gaining popularity today, with over 150 stores and services for everyone to enjoy. Some of the malls popular stores include: Lord & Taylor, Macy’s, (Michigan’s first) H&M, and of course the official Disney store loved by many children (and adults looking for nostalgic reminders.) Lakeside Mall also features a two-level carousel and a play area, making it a very child friendly place. The mall is also surrounded by many restaurant options, from Red Lobster to Sterling Bistro and more.
Metro Detroit is full of unique and innovative cities, each with their own highlights and popular attractions that make them stand out.
Posted on June 10th, 2013 in Michigan Events & Destinations.