Michigan Corporate Retreat Locations
Corporate retreats are great ways to educate employees, spark new ideas and have a chance to relax. After meeting and discussing new tactics enjoying beautiful views and activities is a great way to unwind and recharge for the next day. The majority of these venues also offer team building experiences, which is a great way to build trust between coworkers. These skills help employees to work together more cohesively on projects and as a team. Here are some of Michigan’s top locations for corporate work retreats.
Where to Meet and Relax in Michigan: Michigan Resorts
- Grand Hotel; Mackinaw Island: The Grand Hotel has been a popular resort location since 1887. Located on Mackinaw Island, the Grand Hotel is listed as Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels and Conde Nast Traveler’s Top 5 Midwest Resorts. Overlooking the straits of Mackinaw guests can enjoy a historic hotel, where no two rooms are the same with modern amenities. The Grand Hotel offers the perfect location for work and play. Conduct meetings in some of the hotel’s ballrooms or breakout rooms, then head out for an island bike ride or to one of their popular restaurants. The island has a strict ban on motorized vehicles, with the exception of emergency vehicles. Everyone hitches a ride on a bike or horse and carriage.
- Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort; Mount Pleasant: Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort is located in the middle of Michigan in Mount Pleasant. This sprawling resort offers a variety of activities for corporate retreats including, the casino showroom, entertainment, water park, nearby golfing and dining options. The Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort has several board rooms and ballrooms available for meeting and conference space. The rooms are also all equipped for all audio visual needs.
- Bay Harbor Village Hotel and Conference Center; Bay Harbor: Bay Harbor offers guest luxury accommodations and services, including 45 holes of championship golf, spa, shopping and award-winning restaurants. The resort has also received numerous mentions including some in Conde Nast Traveler and Boating Life. Right on the shore of the Little Traverse Bay outside of Petoskey, Bay Harbor has corporate facilities to meet your meeting expectations. The Bay Harbor Hotel and Conference Center offers activities year round to their hotel guests and corporate attendees.
- Crystal Mountain; Thompsonville: Crystal Mountain is all about creating a space that is conducive to creating new ideas and providing an environment to relax and have fun. They are one of the country’s few LEED certified spas and also offer lighted ski hills, mountaintop yoga and two championship 18-hole golf courses. They are able to accommodate up to 350 guests in their conference and meeting spaces. Crystal Mountain is also a five time recipient of the Paragon Award, which is presented annually by Corporate Meetings and Incentives Magazine to the best conference facilities in the United States.
- The Homestead, America’s Freshwater Resort; Glen Arbor: The Homestead is located within the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, which was also named by ABC’s Good Morning America as the Most Beautiful Place in America. This beautiful venue offers accommodating lodges and meeting spaces for small and large groups. Corporate groups can enjoy meal service in their meeting rooms or enjoy dining in one of their four amazing restaurants. After accomplishing meetings, guests can relax in the resort spa, head out fishing, golfing, kayaking, hiking and more! The Homestead offers activities for corporate groups all year round in their welcoming resort along Lake Michigan.
- Mission Point Resort; Mackinaw Island: Mission Point Resort holds up to 750 in their ballrooms, 15 breakout rooms and pre-function space complete with audio visual equipment and beautiful scenic views. Guests can enjoy dinner overlooking the Mackinaw straits, bike riding, golfing or scenic sunset boat rides under the Mackinaw Bridge.
- Shanty Creek Resort; Bellaire: Shanty Creek is on 4,500 acres consisting of three separate villages connected by four golf courses and conference areas. Corporate retreats don’t have to share space with other companies and can enjoy the “up north feel” that Shanty Creek offers. They can also arrange for cooking demonstrations, team building activities and other outdoor activities for corporate retreats.
These Michigan venues are of full of scenic beauty and outdoor activities to bring together your corporate group. They are recognized as some of the best in Michigan for your next corporate retreat.