Michigan Fall Wine Tours
In the fall, Michigan wine country welcomes guests during their most popular time of year. Michigan boasts several award winning vineyards in Mid-Michigan and along their Lake Michigan coast. From Traverse City to Holland, Michigan travelers can experience many creative wine pairings and beautiful vineyards. Michigan is home to 92 wineries over 14,600 acres of vineyards and no two are the same. There are also wine tours that travelers can take along the upper Lake Michigan shoreline. These tours follow a trail of wineries and highlight different aspects that are unique to each vineyard.
Popular Michigan Vineyards & Wineries:
- St. Julian Wine Company in Paw Paw, MI
- Ciccone Vineyard and Winery in Sutton’s Bay, MI
- Black Star Farms in Sutton’s Bay, MI
- Robinette Cellars in Grand Rapids, MI
- Forty-Five North Vineyard and Winery in Leelanau, MI
- 2 Lads Winery in Traverse City, MI
- Left Foot Charley Winery in Traverse City, MI
- Cascade Winery in Grand Rapids, MI
- Flying Otter Vineyard and Winery in Adrian, MI
- Find more Michigan wineries and vineyards here
How to get there
While traveling from winery to winery sampling dry reds to sweet whites, it may be smart to think about who is driving. While you may want to make the most out of each stop, it would be smart to assign a designated driver if you plan on fully enjoying the tour. Another way to ensure that everyone has fun safely is to hire a party bus or limousine for your wine tour. Look into limousine companies around the area you will be touring, so that you do not have to pay extra fees for traveling long distances. This makes one less thing to worry about and everyone in your wine tasting party can enjoy the trip. There are a few things to take into account before taking off on your tour in a party bus or limo.
Here are a few questions to think about:
- Does the winery allow buses, party buses or limos at their vineyard?
- Will they need a parking permit ahead of time to park in their lot?
- Will you need to set up an appointment ahead of time for a larger party?
- Is there a limit for group sizes?
- Are there extra fees to book an appointment?
Winery and Vineyard Policies
Keep those questions in mind when planning your wine tasting stops and ask wineries ahead of time about their policies. Some wineries only allow groups arriving in party buses or limos to make appointments during specific time periods, so there is not overcrowding. Also, make sure to research the transportation company you will be using about their policies involving alcohol and what you can and cannot bring into the vehicle.
Once the plans are set, remember to keep your group aware of the rules for both the transportation company and the vineyard. This will help to ensure that everyone is on the same page and there is no confusion. Planning ahead and doing your research will help you be more prepared and less of a hassle. Make the most of this beautiful Michigan season and do your research ahead of time to have a relaxing wine tasting experience!
Are you looking to take a group wine tasting around Metro Detroit? Aristocat Transportation can offer you a variety of vehicles to accommodate every group size!