Useful Tips for Researching Chauffeured Transportation Companies
Researching Transportation Company Tips
Hiring a chauffeured transportation company for your event should be a fun and memorable experience for everyone. With many options, services, and companies available to serve you, it might become difficult to make a decision.
Tips from the American Bus Association:
- Chauffeured transportation companies must have federal operating authority if they cross any state or provincial lines, and should be able to offer you proof of that authority, which is issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) or Transport Canada.
- Ask for proof of a valid, current insurance certificate that provides a U.S. minimum of $5 million dollars in liability insurance coverage.
- Ask for the carrier’s DOT number. Carriers are required to have a U.S. DOT number clearly displayed on their coach, and should be either five or six digits long. By using that number, you can view the carrier’s safety information online at http://www.safersys.org/.
- Give the transportation company your itinerary ahead of time so that they can make sure that your trip adheres to federal hours-or-service regulations.
- All U.S.-based chauffeured transportation vehicles must be inspected annually. You can call the individual motor coach company to inquire about their inspection practices, bus maintenance and repair history.
- All U.S. drivers are required to have a valid, current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), with a “passenger” endorsement printed on the license itself. CDLs are only issued after drivers have demonstrated their abilities through on-road skills and a knowledge test.
- ABA members are some of the best transportation companies in the country. You can find an ABA member in your area by visiting www.buses.org and typing your zip code into the green box that reads: Find A Bus Company
- Provide your contact information to the transportation company and the driver in case of emergency.
Aristocat Transportation has been serving the Detroit Metro area for over twenty five years. We pride ourselves on our reliable, award-winning services. Offering a fleet of over 95 vehicles in the Detroit metro area alone, Aristocat Transportation has the perfect solution for your transportation needs, no matter what size or type.
For more information on our vehicle pricing, and policies, call us for a quote today at 586-574-0700.
Posted on April 26th, 2012 in Corporate Travel & Advice, Special Events, Useful Tips.